ASIFA-East Presents Taxes for Artists and Freelancers with Steven Zelin, The Singing CPA
It’s tax time again! Please join ASIFA-East as we welcome Steven Zelin, The Singing CPA, to come speak with us on all things taxes. Steven’s done this workshop with us for a few years now, and it’s always a big hit. Bring all your tax questions – we know you have many – and come prepared to sing along! Whether you are a freelancer looking for deductions, or working full time and have questions about retirement planning, there will be something helpful for everyone at this event. Steven will also walk us through how the Affordable Care Act affects our taxes.
WHEN: 2/3/15 @ 7:15pm
WHERE: SVA, 209 East 23 Street, NY NY, Room 502
Join us for drinks and networking afterwards at a local pub!
- Deductions for freelancers
- How do I calculate my quarterly tax payments?
- Difference between W2 and 1099
- Differences between Sole Proprietor, LLC, and Corporations
- Affordable Care Act: Health insurance and taxes
- Thinking about retirement?
- Do I have to pay MTA tax?
- How can I get my tax returns done for FREE?
- What to look for in an accountant/tax preparer
- Your questions