Zelin & Associates LLC CPA

555 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1203, New York, NY 10018 Phone: 646-678-4496 Fax: 917-595-1548 Email:

For 1099s
The IRS changed the due date for 1099-MISC Forms for Non-employee compensation (vendors/contractors) reporting this year. The time for issuing Form 1099-MISC to vendors/contractors is coming up very soon. If you paid vendors/contractors over $600 for services (not goods), then the 1099-MISC Form has to be filed with the IRS by 1/31/17.

However, there are a few exceptions where you are not required to file a Form 1099-MISC:

  1. If you paid a corporation for services
  2. If you paid contractors via credit card, debit card or Paypal

If you would like our help in preparing and filing the Form 1099-MISC with the IRS, please fill in the attached spreadsheet and return it to us!  If you have any questions regarding the Form 1099-MISC, please feel free to give us a call at 646-678-4496.